Sunday 30 June 2013

NIGHTMARES IN DECEMBER/HOT WINTER/RAINY SUMMER

I finally released the debut single of 'YEAR OF THE BEAST since 1994', Nightmares In December produced by Dree The Drummer. The cover art was designed by IICripples who will do all my covers and as soon as I start, my videos too. The audio was mixed & mastered by K.Dwag Kelly at BLACKAGEINC.,














So lot of people ask me what Nightmares In December stands for, and I go it don't stand for anything coz actually what happens is you'll be flat on your belly getting jacke! What is a time to be merry and cheerful everywhere is actually dreaded in our hood. This the time thieves who been on a hiatus get to half steppin' like Big Daddy Kane wasn't here!



I just felt since this tape is really going to be a part of me, the first step would be to tell ya'll where I come from. Fvck me if it ain't posed to be so! I don't wanna launch my career on some sugar coated shit, coz it'll finally catch up to you.

Everyone and their mama been jacked in December from where I come from. So now it's soughta initiation to the hood :). And the worst/best part of it all is that these niggahz who jack you at whatever hour of the day, most are known. That tells you a lot actually. So my theory, widely accepted has always been that this ' Is our weird way of charity and helping each other out '

I'm more of a hip-hop artiste than anything I know, so not trying to be touchy feely but amma rep the hood everywhere/anywhere I go.

The initial cover art for the single [shown in the .soundcloud link] was my precious. 2 days before my birth day, I had a little something gotten from somewhere. It was not easy getting that kinda cash for me, especially at one go. So I wanted to get something that gon' be a symbol of how great I can become. I thought the best thing to get since we're still humans would be something we all covet [material shit]. Now the thing was I was to get this precious piece, and get this...Never To Wear It.

That was the hardest thing I had to do yet as a rapper lol! So while shopping an' ting I came across this one of a kind and shit HUBLOT. It was love at first sight!

So after the cover at was changed by IICripples, I decided to do a full track about the huge ass piece makin' me walk wit a lean! About that time Hov n' B had just come from Cuba on their trip and Mr. Carter had blessed us with Open Letter. I took it since he was letting his views out there so had I. Being a rapper and shit, dis niggahz had to learn your boy got a ton on a wrist watch he couldn't even wear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment