Thursday 20 September 2012

THAT KENYAN HOSPITALITY.


Many people who are in my circles...better yet my team thought it was suicide naming my sophomore mixtape that. Maybe because I rap in a foreign tongue, maybe because I was limiting myself too much to a market that doesn't yet get my game or the Hip Hop art I so dearly subscribe to or maybe I was just being me.I prefer the latter. 'Hard-head, riot, chuck (nerd), limited....blah blah blah' are just but some of the gritty call-backs I got from my songwriters. Fvck 'em!


Best Served Chilled : Amateur Sessions
The thing they don't get is that you have to belong. I mean, you gotta start from somewhere right? Actually my 1st mixtape was supposed to be called 'Best Served Chilled : Amateur Sessions' and the second one 'Best Served Chilled : Grown n' Great.' (we got records niqqa!), but B.S.C : A.S turned out to be my training platform...only. 'You have to mature first b4 anything else' my prod. Kelly would always say. I believe I passed that test and now know my own voice better than anyone else.

I use already done records as a way to show my musical preference. That's why most songs I've done and are already out are mostly if not all of them remixes. As easy as it sounds, that's the problem! Check it, when I hear something and I like it...I LIKE IT. So I wreck havoc on my writers. I just skype and/or open our hangout on google and give 'em guidlines on what to write about.

The Professional Piece
Many people say amma spoiled little kid playing about. If anyone wants to make a complete and full assault on something...you gotta have the professional edge. Don't get it twisted, I'd kill for my music! I myself started off writing my own lyrics but took on so many subjects I'd blow up 1/2 an hour later.

Not saying that I got songwriters from the get-go...I ain't that shallow. If I trust them with my life I can trust 'em with my career. Get it? They are my childhood buddies [BLACK AGE INC 'TILL I DIE]. Getting peeps who got you from so long ago can only be said to be heaven sent.

For I studied the www so I have good people, also starting up to handle me in the web. They are the ones who upload whatever they see fit for my image. I try to catch up when I'm free...but then again, that's what they are there for.

See I want to be one of those artists who will never EVER FADE INTO OBLIVION. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment